Travelers to Aiken give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights around the area include Augusta National Golf Club and Augusta Riverwalk.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in Aiken
- The closest major airport is in Augusta, GA (AGS-Augusta Regional), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Columbia, SC (CAE-Columbia Metropolitan), 43.5 mi (70 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aiken
Cultural venues in the city include Aiken Center for the Arts, National Wild Turkey Federation Museum, and Aiken County Historical Museum. Notable city landmarks like St. Mary Help of Christians Church and Edgefield Courthouse Square might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Hitchcock Woods, Hopeland Gardens, and Citizens Park.
In Aiken, there are 97 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rosemary Inn Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Carriage House Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express North Augusta - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Augusta National Golf Club, located 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Augusta Riverwalk, which is 15.1 mi/24.3 km away.
Dressing for Aiken
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Aiken is 51.14 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F