Families enjoy visiting Airdrie though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront and hockey games. Calgary Tower, McMahon Stadium, and Canada Olympic Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 310 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Calgary
- The closest major airport is in Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Airdrie
Favorite places to visit in the city include Towerland Centre, Plainsmen Arena, and Ron Ebbeson Twin Arena. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ironhorse Park and Woodside Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Airdrie. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wingate by Wyndham Airdrie - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Airdrie - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Airdrie, AB, Canada - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Calgary Tower, 17.3 mi/27.9 km from the heart of the city, and McMahon Stadium, which is 16 mi/25.7 km away.
Dressing for Airdrie
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 5°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 23°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 6°F
- Airdrie gets about 0.59 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 8°F