Visitors to Ajijic are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting, gardens, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the area include Hospicio Cabanas, Metropolitan Cathedral, and Plaza de Armas.
- You'll find 402 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Guadalajara
- The closest major airport is in Guadalajara, Jalisco (GDL-Don Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla Intl.), 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ajijic
The lakeside and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Sierra De San Juan Cosala and Lake Chapala. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Laguna Shopping Centre is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Church of Ajijic and Ajijic Malecon.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Ajijic. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Casa Tres Leones - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with cable TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Donaire Hotel Boutique - Our customers like the walkable location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- La Ribereña - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Ajijic
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 38.86 inches of rain falls on Ajijic each year
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F