Visitors can enjoy all that Alftanes has to offer including the northern lights and restaurants. The quaint and tucked away setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Hallgrimskirkja, National Museum of Iceland, and Perlan.
- You'll find 352 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Reykjavik
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 3 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reykjavik (KEF-Keflavik Intl.), 19.9 mi (32 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alftanes
A favorite place to visit in the city is Bessastadir. Additionally, in the area you'll find Hallgrimskirkja and National Museum of Iceland.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Fisherman's Village - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Perlan, located 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Reykjavik City Hall, which is 3.5 mi/5.6 km away.
Dressing for Alftanes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 48°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- About 30.71 inches of rain falls on Alftanes each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 56°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F