Visitors to Altoona are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Ocala National Forest and Blue Springs State Park.
- You'll find 65 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ocala
- The closest major airport is in Leesburg, FL (LEE-Leesburg Intl.), 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Altoona
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Ocala National Forest and Blue Springs State Park. Additionally, you'll find Bluffton Recreation Area and Juniper Springs Recreation Area in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Altoona, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 150 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- The Westin Lake Mary, Orlando North is 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the center of Altoona. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lake Mary can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
- Comfort Inn & Suites is 23 mi (36.9 km) from central Altoona. This 2.5-star hotel in Sanford features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Best Western Plus Chain of Lakes Inn & Suites is located 22.1 mi (35.5 km) from the heart of Altoona. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Leesburg can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Altoona
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- Average annual rainfall for Altoona is 51.22 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 50°F