Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Anacortes, which is also known for its waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sightseeing tours.
- You'll find 78 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mount Vernon
- The closest major airport is in Lopez Island, WA (LPS), 14.9 mi (24 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rosario, WA (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base), 15 mi (24.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Anacortes
The city's cultural venues include Anacortes Community Theatre and Anacortes Museum and Maritime Heritage Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Cap Sante Park, John Storvik Playground, and Mount Erie Park. Top activities include taking a ferry and whale watching, while Cap Sante Boat Haven is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Anacortes. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Nantucket Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Majestic Inn & Spa - Our customers like the WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Swinomish Casino & Lodge - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Whitmarsh Junction can enjoy access to a casino and 5 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Anacortes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Anacortes is 20.28 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F