Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ashbourne, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its bars and spas. War Memorial Gardens, Garden of Remembrance, and Guinness Storehouse are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Ashbourne
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 9.3 mi (14.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ashbourne
A couple of favorite places to visit are Ashbourne Golf Club and Tayto Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find War Memorial Gardens and Garden of Remembrance.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Ashbourne. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pillo Hotel Ashbourne - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Broadmeadow Country House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and spa treatment rooms, along with free WiFi.
- Ashbourne House Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Guinness Storehouse, located 13 mi (21 km) from the heart of the city, and Ha' Penny Bridge, which is 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away.
Dressing for Ashbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ashbourne is 29.88 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F