Families will find kid-friendly activities in Auburn, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Jordan-Hare Stadium and Chewacla State Park.
- You'll find 99 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auburn - Opelika
- The closest major airport is in Columbus, GA (CSG-Columbus Metropolitan), 32.1 mi (51.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Auburn
The city's cultural venues include Telfair Peet Theater and Jules Collins Smith Museum of Fine Arts. The picturesque setting of Chewacla State Park and Donald E. Davis Arboretum exemplify the city's natural beauty. Football fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Jordan-Hare Stadium or Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Auburn. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Auburn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- The Hotel At Auburn University - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Tru by Hilton Auburn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Auburn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 52.64 inches of rain falls on Auburn each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 36°F