Visitors can enjoy all that Bagaces has to offer including the riverfront and volcano viewpoints. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting.
- There are 66 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bagaces
The city's natural beauty is on display at Bagaces Park, Reserva Biologica Lomas Barbudal, and Palo Verde National Park. Additionally, you might want to add Parque Nacional Palo Verde to your agenda.
As you plan your trip to Bagaces, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 66 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Palo Verde Biological Station is located 9.3 mi (14.9 km) from the heart of Bagaces. This 2.5-star lodge in Bagaces features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport is 19 mi (30.6 km) from the center of Bagaces. This 3.5-star hotel in Liberia features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica - Adults only - All Inclusive is 26.5 mi (42.6 km) from central Bagaces. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star resort in Papagayo can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and room size.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Rincon de la Vieja National Park, 20.6 mi/33.2 km from the city center.
Dressing for Bagaces
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Bagaces is 72.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 62°F