Travelers to Bakkafjordur will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Bakkafjordur
Selardalslaug Pool is one of the places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Bakkafjordur, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 7 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Sandur is located 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the heart of Bakkafjordur. This 2.5-star guesthouse in Langanesbyggð features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Tangi is 17.7 mi (28.5 km) from central Bakkafjordur. This 2.5-star hotel in Vopnafjordur features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Ytra Lón Farm Lodge is 18.7 mi (30.2 km) from the center of Bakkafjordur. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Langanesbyggð can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Bakkafjordur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 36°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 49°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 53°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 43°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Bakkafjordur is 34.38 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 51°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 26°F