Visitors to Baru are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls and beaches.
- You'll find 230 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dominical
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 49 mi (78.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 53.5 mi (86.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Baru
A favorite place to visit in the city is Nauyaca Waterfalls. You'll also find Alturas Wildlife Sanctuary and Matapalo Beach in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Baru. Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Natuga Ecolodge and Natural Reserve - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Baru
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Baru gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F