Visiting Big Pine Key
Visitors can enjoy all that Big Pine Key has to offer including its beaches. Top sights around the area include Bahia Honda State Park and Beach and Sombrero Beach.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Big Pine Key
- The closest major airport is in Marathon, FL (MTH-Florida Keys Marathon), 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Key West, FL (EYW-Key West Intl.), 28 mi (45.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Big Pine Key
The picturesque setting of Bahia Honda State Park and Beach and Bahia Honda Key exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you'll find Sombrero Beach in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Big Pine Key. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sunshine Key RV Resort & Marina - This 2-star campground features a marina, a private beach, and a restaurant. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Ed & Ellen's Lodging Big Pine Key - Our customers love the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this apartment. Amenities at this 3-star apartment include free WiFi and free parking.
Dressing for Big Pine Key
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- Big Pine Key gets about 46.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 65°F