Visiting Black Canyon City
Those traveling to Black Canyon City are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 116 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Phoenix, AZ (DVT-Phoenix Deer Valley), 26.7 mi (43 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Scottsdale, AZ (SCF), 33.6 mi (54.1 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Black Canyon City
Places to visit in the larger region include Agua Fria National Monument, Lake Pleasant, and Lake Pleasant Regional Park. Additionally, you'll find Pioneer Living History Museum in the area.
As you plan your trip to Black Canyon City, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 116 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton is 22.3 mi (35.8 km) from central Black Canyon City. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Scottsdale can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem is 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the center of Black Canyon City. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Anthem can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- CIVANA Carefree Resort is located 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the heart of Black Canyon City. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Carefree can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Black Canyon City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 104°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 42°F at night
- About 10.08 inches of rain falls on Black Canyon City each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 103°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 43°F