Visiting Black Diamond
Visitors to Black Diamond are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the area include Calgary Tower, Scotiabank Saddledome, and McMahon Stadium.
- You'll find 277 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Calgary
- The closest major airport is in Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.), 32.2 mi (51.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Black Diamond
Places to visit in the larger region include Chinook Honey Company & Chinook Arch Meadery, D'Arcy Ranch Golf Club, and Seaman Stadium. In the area, you'll also find Rothney Astrophysical Observatory and Crystal Ridge Golf Club.
As you start planning for your getaway to Black Diamond, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 21 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Lakeview Inns & Suites - Okotoks is located 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the heart of Black Diamond. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Okotoks can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ramada by Wyndham High River is 19 mi (30.6 km) from the center of Black Diamond. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in High River can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Calgary Shawnessy Area is 16.7 mi (26.8 km) from central Black Diamond. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Calgary can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Black Diamond
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 3°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 5°F as the nighttime average
- Black Diamond gets about 0.63 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°F