Visiting Block Island
Visitors to Block Island are sure to enjoy the seaside. Around the area, top sights include Montauk Point Lighthouse, Misquamicut State Beach, and Montauk Point.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Block Island
- The closest major airport is in Block Island, RI (BID-Block Island State), 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Westerly, RI (WST-Westerly State), 16.8 mi (27.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Block Island
The city is notable for landmarks like North Lighthouse, Lewis-Dickens Farm, and Southeast Light House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Crescent Beach, Great Salt Pond, and Ballard's Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mohegan Bluffs and Old Harbor.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Block Island. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inn at Spring House - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- The 1661 Inn - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this inn. With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Spring House Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Montauk Point Lighthouse, located 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the city center, and Misquamicut State Beach, which is 15.7 mi (25.2 km) away.
Dressing for Block Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Block Island gets about 47.40 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F