Visiting Boca Barranca
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Boca Barranca, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches, restaurants, and local tours. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Boca Barranca
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 36 mi (58 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 40.5 mi (65.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Boca Barranca
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Puntarenas Beach. Additionally, you'll find Caldera Port and Puntarenas Pier in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Fiesta Resort Central Pacific - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room MP3 dock. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Boca Barranca
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- Boca Barranca gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 62°F