Visitors can enjoy all that Bolungarvik has to offer including the monuments and museums. There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Isafjordur (IFJ), 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Bolungarvik
A couple of favorite places to visit are Osvor Maritime Museum and Bolungarvik Lighthouse. Additionally, you'll find Port of Isafjordur and Arctic Fox Centre in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Bolungarvik, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 12 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Hótel Ísafjörður is 6.6 mi (10.5 km) from the center of Bolungarvik. This 3-star hotel in Isafjordur features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Holt Inn is located 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the heart of Bolungarvik. This 3-star guesthouse in Holt features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Sima Hostel & Apartments is 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from central Bolungarvik. This 3-star apartment in Flateyri features ski slopes, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its room size and walkable location.
Dressing for Bolungarvik
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 54°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 55°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 46°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bolungarvik is 1.10 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 54°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 29°F