Visitors can enjoy all that Bonao has to offer including the waterfalls and monuments. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its secluded setting.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Santiago (STI-Cibao Intl.), 34.9 mi (56.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santo Domingo (JBQ-La Isabela Intl.), 37.3 mi (60 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bonao
Favorite places to visit in the city include Duarte Park, Church of San Antonio de Padua, and Plaza de la Cultura. Additionally, you might want to add Candido Bido Art Gallery and Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your trip to Bonao, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 21 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Hotel Gran Jimenoa is located 20.5 mi (33.1 km) from the heart of Bonao. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Jarabacoa can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Jarabacoa River Club is 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from the center of Bonao. This 3-star hotel in Jarabacoa features 5 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Hotel Rancho Constanza is 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from central Bonao. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Constanza can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers love its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Bonao
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Bonao gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 67°F