Those traveling to Borðeyri are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Borðeyri
Places to visit in the larger region include Icelandic Seal Center Museum and Chapel at Groef. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Borðeyri, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 13 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Laugarbakki is located 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from the heart of Borðeyri. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Hvammstangi can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hvammstangi Cottages is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the center of Borðeyri. Guests who stay at this 3-star cottage in Hvammstangi can enjoy access to free parking and an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable beds and location.
- Gauksmýri Lodge is 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from central Borðeyri. This 3-star lodge in Hvammstangi features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Borðeyri
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 48°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Borðeyri is 30.71 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 56°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F