Visitors to Borgarnes are sure to enjoy the northern lights and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and theme park. A top sight in the city is Ok.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in Borgarnes
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Borgarnes
Cultural venues in the city include The Settlement Centre, Agricultural Museum of Iceland, and Ullarselid -The Wool Hut. The northern lights, glaciers, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Ok, Skallagrimsgardur, and Hredavatn are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Deildartunguhver Hot Springs and Grabrok.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Borgarnes. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- B59 Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hraunsnef Countryhotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Husafell - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Borgarnes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 48°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 30.71 inches of rain falls on Borgarnes each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 56°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F