Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Braedratunga has to offer. Top sights around the area include Gullfoss Waterfall and Geysir Hot Springs. There are 66 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Braedratunga
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Gullfoss Waterfall and Geysir Hot Springs. You'll also find Skalholt Cathedral and Strokkur in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Braedratunga, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 18 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Litli Geysir is located 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the heart of Braedratunga. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Haukadalur can enjoy access to a golf course and 5 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Bitra Bed & Breakfast is 18 mi (28.9 km) from the center of Braedratunga. This 2.5-star guesthouse in Selfoss features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a library. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Minniborgir Cottages is 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from central Braedratunga. This 3-star apartment in Selfoss features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its beach locale and room size.
Dressing for Braedratunga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 41°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 55°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 57°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 48°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Average annual rainfall for Braedratunga is 30.71 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 56°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F