Families will find kid-friendly activities in Brandon, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its gardens, coffeehouses, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Florida State Fairgrounds, Florida Aquarium, and Port of Tampa.
- You'll find 507 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tampa
- The closest major airport is in Tampa, FL (TPF-Peter O. Knight), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brandon
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Brandon is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Florida State Fairgrounds and Florida Aquarium.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Brandon. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa-Brandon Regency Park - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Brandon Motor Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Port of Tampa, 7.5 mi/12.1 km from the heart of the city, and Tampa Bay History Center, which is 7.7 mi (12.4 km) away.
Dressing for Brandon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Brandon is 1.89 inches
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 53°F