Families will find kid-friendly activities in Burlington, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its live music, festivals, and theaters.
- You'll find 88 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hamilton
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Burlington
Known for its live music, festivals, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Burlington Art Centre, Joseph Brant Museum, and Ireland House Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Spencer Smith Lakefront Park, LaSalle Park, and Paletta Lakefront Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Burlington City Hall and Lil' Monkeys.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Burlington. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Creekside B&B and Guest Suite - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Burlington - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and quiet rooms.
Getting Around Burlington
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Burlington Aldershot Station. Burlington might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Burlington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 18°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Burlington is 0.94 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 16°F