Visiting Caladesi Island State Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Caladesi Island State Park has to offer including the beaches and parks. Around the area, top sights include Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Pier 60 Park, and Sand Key Park.
- There are 3167 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Caladesi Island State Park
Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Pier 60 Park, and Sand Key Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Tampa Bay Downs and Big Cat Rescue.
As you start planning your visit to Caladesi Island State Park, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 1120 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach is 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Clearwater Beach features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa is located 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city center. This 4-star hotel in Clearwater Beach features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa is located within 3.8 mi (6.1 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Clearwater Beach can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Top places to see outside the city include John's Pass Village & Boardwalk, located 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the city center, and Beach Walk, which is 3.9 mi (6.2 km) away.
Dressing for Caladesi Island State Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- Caladesi Island State Park gets about 54.72 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 54°F