Visiting Canal Point
Visitors can enjoy all that Canal Point has to offer including its monuments. There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Stuart, FL (SUA-Witham Field), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in West Palm Beach, FL (PBI-Palm Beach Intl.), 35.4 mi (56.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Canal Point
The picturesque setting of DuPuis Reserve and Lake Okeechobee exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Port Mayaca Locks to your agenda.
As you plan your trip to Canal Point, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 15 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Travelodge Suites by Wyndham Lake Okeechobee is located 23.6 mi (38.1 km) from the heart of Canal Point. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Okeechobee can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
- Flamingo Motel is 24.3 mi (39.1 km) from central Canal Point. This 2.5-star motel in Okeechobee features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Pier II Resort is 23.6 mi (37.9 km) from the center of Canal Point. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Okeechobee can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Canal Point
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 50°F at night
- About 47.40 inches of rain falls on Canal Point each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 51°F