Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Cancun, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Tortuga Beach, La Isla Shopping Mall, and Cancun Interactive Aquarium.
- There are 1979 hotels and other accommodations in Cancun
- The closest major airport is in Cancun, Quintana Roo (CUN-Cancun Intl.), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cozumel, Quintana Roo (CZM-Cozumel Intl.), 45.6 mi (73.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cancun
Cultural venues in the city include Maya Cancun Museum, Tequila Museum, and Cancun Cultural House. Attractions like Cancun Interactive Aquarium, Aquaworld, and Delphinus Dreams are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like El Rey Ruins, Ceviche Square, and El Meco Archaeological Site.
In Cancun, you'll find 1979 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Grand Residences Riviera Cancun - This 5-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Nizuc Resort and Spa - Our customers like the bar and proximity to the airport at this resort. This 5-star resort in Zona Hotelera features 5 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun - All Inclusive - This 4.5-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Cancun include Tortuga Beach, La Isla Shopping Mall, and Delfines Beach.
Dressing for Cancun
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 66°F at night
- Cancun gets about 1.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are December and March with an average of 67°F