Visiting Cano Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Cano Island has to offer including its parks. There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Cano Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Cano Island Biological Reserve. Additionally, you'll find San Josecito Beach and Drake Bay Hiking Trailhead in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Cano Island, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 38 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hotel Margarita is 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from central Cano Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Drake Bay can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
- Casita & Tours Happy Feet is located 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the heart of Cano Island. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Drake Bay features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Drake Bay Getaway Resort is 15.4 mi (24.7 km) from the center of Cano Island. This 3.5-star lodge in Drake Bay features 12 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
Dressing for Cano Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 70°F
- Cano Island gets about 89.25 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 69°F