Visiting Carson Valley
History buffs will enjoy exploring Carson Valley, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, casinos, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its hot springs, cafés, and bars. Top sights around the area include Heavenly Ski Resort and Stewart Indian School.
- You'll find 286 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carson City (and vicinity)
- The closest major airport is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL), 20.7 mi (33.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 42.8 mi (68.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carson Valley
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park. The lakeside and hot springs highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lampe Park, Topaz Lake Park, and Mormon Station State Historic Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Carson Valley Golf Course and Sharkey's Casino.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Carson Valley. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Carson Valley Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Topaz Lake Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features a casino, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Heavenly Ski Resort, located 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Stewart Indian School, which is 19.6 mi (31.6 km) away.
Dressing for Carson Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 7.68 inches of rain falls on Carson Valley each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 18°F