Visiting Casey Key
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Casey Key, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Venice Beach, Turtle Beach, and Siesta Key Public Beach.
- You'll find 3297 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sarasota
- The closest major airport is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 53.3 mi (85.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Casey Key
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Nokomis Beach, North Jetty Beach, and Jim Neville Marine Preserve. Additionally, in the area you'll find Venice Beach and Turtle Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Casey Key. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- On the Beach Casey Key - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- A Beach Retreat - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- A Place To Be Motel - This 2-star motel features a marina, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Siesta Key Public Beach, 8.6 mi/13.8 km from the city center, and Lido Beach, which is 11.9 mi (19.2 km) away.
Dressing for Casey Key
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Casey Key is 50.55 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 53°F