Visitors to Catarina are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting and volcano viewpoints.
- You'll find 277 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Managua
- The closest major airport is in Managua (MGA-Augusto C. Sandino Intl.), 16.9 mi (27.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Catarina
A favorite place to visit in the city is Laguna de Apoyo. You'll also find Maria Magdalena Church and San Sebastian Church in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Pacaya Lodge & Spa - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Catarina
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 68°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- Catarina gets about 46.18 inches of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 69°F