Visiting Cathedral City
Visitors give high marks for the pristine golf courses in Cathedral City, which is also known for its cathedral and festivals. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and casinos. Top sights around the area include River, Palm Springs Air Museum, and Moorten Botanical Garden and Cactarium.
- You'll find 1849 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Palm Springs
- The closest major airport is in Palm Springs, CA (PSP-Palm Springs Intl.), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bermuda Dunes, CA (UDD), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cathedral City
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and these places to visit: Ocotillo Park, Century Park, and Panorama Park. Golfing is a top activity, and Cimarron Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cathedral City Shopping Plaza and Canyon Plaza Shopping Center.
In Cathedral City, there are 96 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Cathedral City Golf Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and overall condition.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotels and Suites Cathedral - Our customers like the central location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Welk Resorts Palm Springs - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a golf course, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include River, 4 mi/6.4 km from the city center, and Palm Springs Air Museum, which is 4.4 mi (7.1 km) away.
Dressing for Cathedral City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 106°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September averages 108°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 95°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Cathedral City gets about 4.41 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 106°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 45°F