Visitors to Chapala are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, bars, and coffeehouses. Top sights in the area include Hospicio Cabanas, Metropolitan Cathedral, and Plaza de Armas.
- You'll find 401 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Guadalajara
- The closest major airport is in Guadalajara, Jalisco (GDL-Don Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla Intl.), 16.9 mi (27.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chapala
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Sierra De San Juan Cosala. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jesus Gonzalez Gallo Cultural Center and Lake Chapala.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Villa San Francisco - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Chapala
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 38.86 inches of rain falls on Chapala each year
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F