Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chico, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its bars and cafés. A top sight in the city is Lake Oroville.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Chico
- The closest major airport is in Chico, CA (CIC-Chico Municipal), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Willows, CA (WLW-Willows-Glenn County), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chico
Cultural venues in the city include National Yo-Yo Museum, Oroville Chinese Temple, and Willows Museum. Favorite family attractions include Oroville Gymnastics Academy and Feather River Fish Hatchery. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake Oroville, Bedrock Park, and Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge Complex.
In Chico, you'll be able to select from 51 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lodge At Feather Falls Casino - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Chico - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Oxford Suites Chico - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Rolling Hill Casino, located 21.6 mi (34.8 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Chico
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Chico Station. Chico may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Chico
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Chico gets about 26.18 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 36°F