Visitors can enjoy all that Citra has to offer including its restaurants. Top sights around the area include Appleton Museum of Art, Silver Springs Nature Theme Park, and Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park.
- You'll find 70 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ocala
- The closest major airport is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Citra
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Appleton Museum of Art, Silver Springs Nature Theme Park, and Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park. Additionally, you'll find Paddock Mall in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Citra, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 113 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Grand Lake RV & Golf Resort is 6.2 mi (10 km) from central Citra. This 3-star campground in Citra features a golf course, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Drury Inn & Suites Gainesville is located 22.6 mi (36.4 km) from the heart of Citra. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Gainesville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and helpful staff.
- Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville is 23.1 mi (37.2 km) from the center of Citra. This 4-star hotel in Gainesville features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free valet parking. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
Dressing for Citra
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 50.79 inches of rain falls on Citra each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F