Travelers give high marks for the bustling port in Civitavecchia, which is also known for its coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's archaeological sites and spas.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodations in Civitavecchia
- The closest major airport is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 31.2 mi (50.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 45.7 mi (73.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Civitavecchia
Notable city landmarks like Forte Michelangelo and Terme Taurine might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Terme della Ficoncella. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Port of Civitavecchia is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Civitavecchia. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- B&B Fronte Porto - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bed & Breakfast Bel Sole - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Alibrandi Palace - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Civitavecchia
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Civitavecchia is easy. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Civitavecchia Station. You can find out about your options for water transportation at the local port.
Dressing for Civitavecchia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 30.59 inches of rain falls on Civitavecchia each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F