Visiting Claxton Bay
Visitors can enjoy all that Claxton Bay has to offer including the seaside, parks, and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Port of Spain (POS-Piarco Intl.), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Claxton Bay
A favorite place to visit in the city is Pointe-a-Pierre Wildfowl Trust. In the area, you'll also find Manny Ramjohn Stadium and Gulf City Mall.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Cara Suites Hotel and Conference Centre - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Claxton Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 71°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 91°F and nighttime averages of 72°F
- Average annual rainfall for Claxton Bay is 2.60 inches
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F