Visitors to Cochrane are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, spas, and waterfalls. A top sight in the area is Canada Olympic Park.
- You'll find 310 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Calgary
- The closest major airport is in Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.), 24.1 mi (38.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cochrane
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Big Hill Springs Provincial Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cochrane Arena and Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Cochrane. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Cochrane - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Ramada by Wyndham Cochrane - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Bow River Inn - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Canada Olympic Park, located 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city center, and McMahon Stadium, which is 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away.
Dressing for Cochrane
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 3°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 23°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 5°F
- About 0.63 inches of rain falls on Cochrane each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 6°F