Visiting Cocoa Beach
Travelers to Cocoa Beach give high marks for the beaches, lively bar scene, and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Cocoa Beach Pier, Port Canaveral, and Cocoa Expo Sports Center.
- There are 238 hotels and other accommodations in Cocoa Beach
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, FL (MLB-Orlando Melbourne Intl.), 15.3 mi (24.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 43.2 mi (69.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cocoa Beach
The city's cultural venues include East Coast Surfing Hall of Fame and Dinosaur Store and Museum. The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Thousand Island Conservation Area, Cocoa Beach Skate Park, and Lori Wilson Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cocoa Beach Pier and I Dream Of Jeannie Lane.
In Cocoa Beach, you'll find 238 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn at Cocoa Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Resort on Cocoa Beach, a VRI resort - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this condo. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star condo in Seacrest Beach can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Beach Place Guesthouses - This 3-star cottage features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. Expedia customers love its quiet location and WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Port Canaveral, 7 mi/11.3 km from the heart of the city, and Cocoa Expo Sports Center, which is 12.3 mi (19.7 km) away.
Dressing for Cocoa Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 50°F at night
- About 51.97 inches of rain falls on Cocoa Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 50°F