Visitors to Cocoa are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos and university setting. Around the area, top sights include Cocoa Expo Sports Center, Port Canaveral, and Cocoa Beach Pier.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Cocoa
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, FL (MLB-Orlando Melbourne Intl.), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 35.7 mi (57.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cocoa
Favorite places to visit in the city include Cocoa Expo Sports Center, Cocoa Village Playhouse, and Cocoa Village. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Astronaut Memorial Planetarium and Observatory and Brevard Museum of History and Natural Science.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Cocoa. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cocoa - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Parrish Grove Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Apollo Inn Motel - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see around the area include Port Canaveral, 7.5 mi/12 km from the heart of the city, and Cocoa Beach Pier, which is 7.5 mi (12.1 km) away.
Dressing for Cocoa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 76°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Cocoa is 54.02 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F