Visiting De Funiak Springs
Visitors to De Funiak Springs are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and parks. A top sight in the city is Chautauqua Vineyards.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in De Funiak Springs
- The closest major airport is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 30.2 mi (48.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in De Funiak Springs
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Lake Defuniak. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chautauqua Vineyards and Walton County Heritage Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in De Funiak Springs. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Defuniak Springs - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Defuniak Springs - Crestview - Our customers like the walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel DeFuniak - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
Top places to visit outside the city include Silver Sands Premium Outlets, located 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the city center, and Destin Commons, which is 29.2 mi/47.1 km away.
Dressing for De Funiak Springs
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- De Funiak Springs gets about 63.70 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F