Families will find kid-friendly activities in Decatur, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Zoo Atlanta, Centennial Olympic Park, and Stone Mountain.
- You'll find 861 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Decatur
Cultural venues in the city include Waffle House Museum, DeKalb History Center Museum, and Fernbank Science Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Dearborn Park, Buena Vista Lake, and McKoy Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Gallery at South DeKalb is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Decatur. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Cottage Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star apartment features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory - Our customers like the pool and central location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown Decatur can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Atlanta - Emory University Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Zoo Atlanta, located 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city center, and Centennial Olympic Park, which is 7.7 mi/12.5 km away.
Getting Around Decatur
Take advantage of metro transit at Kensington Station, Indian Creek Station, and Avondale Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Decatur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Decatur gets about 52.99 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 35°F