Visiting East Fjords
Visitors to East Fjords are sure to enjoy the glaciers, seafood restaurants, and seaside. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and tucked away setting. A top sight in the city is Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.
- There are 140 hotels and other accommodations in East Fjords
- The closest major airport is in Egilsstadir (EGS), 21.1 mi (34 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hornafjordur (HFN), 50.7 mi (81.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Fjords
Cultural venues in the city include Icelandic Wartime Museum, Hofn Glacier Museum, and Huldusteinn Stone Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Bakkageroi Church, The Eggs of Merry Bay, and Lindarbakki House. The glaciers, mountain views, and northern lights highlight the city's natural beauty, and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, Vatnajokull, and Vatnajökull National Park are worth a visit.
In East Fjords, you'll find 140 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Haukaberg House - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Hrafnavellir Guest House - Our customers like the walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Fosshotel Eastfjords - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for East Fjords
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 36°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 49°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 53°F with nighttime averages of 37°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 43°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- Average annual rainfall for East Fjords is 1.22 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 51°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 26°F