Visitors can enjoy all that Egilsstadir has to offer including the northern lights, lakeside setting, and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and seafood restaurants.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Egilsstadir
- The closest major airport is in Egilsstadir (EGS), 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Egilsstadir
The city's natural beauty is on display at Hengifoss, Fardaga Waterfall, and Lagarfljot. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Skriduklauster and East Iceland Heritage Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Egilsstadir. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mjóanes accomodation - With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Birta Guesthouse - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Olga Guesthouse - Amenities in this 2.5-star guesthouse accommodation include a kitchen and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Dressing for Egilsstadir
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 36°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 49°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 53°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 43°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Egilsstadir is 34.38 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 51°F, while the coldest months are March and February with an average of 26°F