Visiting El Ocotal
Families will find kid-friendly activities in El Ocotal, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, local tours, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Coco Beach, Hermosa Bay Beach, and Flamingo Beach.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in El Ocotal
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 13.1 mi (21.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in El Ocotal
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Ocotal Beach. In the area, you'll also find Coco Beach and Hermosa Bay Beach.
In El Ocotal, there are 62 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bahia Pez Vela Resort - This 3.5-star condo resort features 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, and a restaurant. Expedia travelers love its dining options and beach locale.
- Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica - All Inclusive - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and bar at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features 4 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a casino.
- Riu Guanacaste - All Inclusive - This 4-star resort features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a casino. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and room size.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Flamingo Beach, located 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Conchal Beach, which is 11.6 mi/18.7 km away.
Dressing for El Ocotal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on El Ocotal each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 62°F