Travelers to Escazu give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Museum of Costa Rican Art, National Theater, and Gold Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 398 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 7 mi (11.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Escazu
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Avenida Escazú and Multiplaza Mall Escazu. Additionally, you might want to add Refugio Herpetologico de Costa Rica to your agenda.
In Escazu, you'll be able to select from 54 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Reflejos City View - With a stay at this 3.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Posada El Quijote - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose Escazu - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Museum of Costa Rican Art, located 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city center, and National Theater, which is 4.3 mi (6.9 km) away.
Dressing for Escazu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on Escazu each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 62°F