Visiting Florida Keys
Travelers to Florida Keys give high marks for the seaside, live music scene, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Sombrero Beach, Bahia Honda State Park and Beach, and Dolphin Research Center.
- There are 1529 hotels and other accommodations in Florida Keys
- The closest major airport is in Marathon, FL (MTH-Florida Keys Marathon), 8.7 mi (14.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Key West, FL (EYW-Key West Intl.), 40.8 mi (65.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Florida Keys
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Key West Art and Historical Society, Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, and Theater of the Sea. Attractions like Dolphin Research Center, Key West Aquarium, and Dolphins Plus Bayside are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Audubon House and Tropical Gardens, Mallory Square, and Southernmost Point.
In Florida Keys, you'll be able to select from 1529 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Caribbean Resort - This 3.5-star resort features a marina, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Coco Plum Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Key West Historic District can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Andrews Inn & Garden Cottages - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Key West Historic District features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Florida Keys include Sombrero Beach, Bahia Honda State Park and Beach, and Smathers Beach.
Dressing for Florida Keys
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- Florida Keys gets about 46.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 65°F