Travelers to Formello will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include St. Peter's Basilica, Spanish Steps, and Trevi Fountain.
- You'll find 5575 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rome
- The closest major airport is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 20.5 mi (33 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 20.8 mi (33.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Formello
Notable places to visit in the larger region include St. Peter's Basilica, Spanish Steps, and Trevi Fountain. In the area, you'll also find Colosseum and MAXXI - National Museum of the 21st Century.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Formello. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Bed and breakfast Nonna Loreta is located in central Formello. This bed & breakfast in Formello features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- La Meridiana Bed & Breakfast is 1 mi (1.6 km) from the city's heart. This bed & breakfast in Formello features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- La Selvotta Suite - Guest House is located 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city center. This bed & breakfast in Formello features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include National Gallery of Modern Art, 11.1 mi/17.9 km from the heart of the city, and Bioparco di Roma, which is 11.2 mi/18 km away.
Dressing for Formello
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 30.59 inches of rain falls on Formello each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F