Visiting Fort Meade
Visitors can enjoy all that Fort Meade has to offer including the riverfront, golf courses, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. Top sights around the area include Legoland Florida and Chain of Lakes Park.
- You'll find 578 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lakeland - Winter Haven
- The closest major airport is in Sebring, FL (SEF-Sebring Regional), 32.7 mi (52.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 49.2 mi (79.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Meade
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Legoland Florida and Chain of Lakes Park. In the area, you'll also find Paynes Creek State Historic Park and Torrey Oaks Golf Course.
As you start planning for your getaway to Fort Meade, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 99 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hyatt Place Lakeland Center is 24.4 mi (39.3 km) from the center of Fort Meade. This 3-star hotel in Lakeland features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and central location.
- Imperial Swan Hotel & Suites is 21.1 mi (34 km) from central Fort Meade. This 3-star hotel in Lakeland features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Winter Haven Gardens Inn and Banquet Center is located 19.9 mi (32.1 km) from the heart of Fort Meade. This 2.5-star hotel in Winter Haven features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Fort Meade
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- About 48.54 inches of rain falls on Fort Meade each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 52°F