Visiting Friday Harbor
Travelers to Friday Harbor give high marks for the bustling port. British Columbia Parliament Building, Victoria Harbour, and Butchart Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Friday Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Friday Harbor, WA (FRD), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Friday Harbor, WA (FBS-Friday Harbor Sea Plane Base), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Friday Harbor
Cultural venues in the city include San Juan Historical Society and Museum, San Juan Islands Museum of Art, and Whale Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like San Juan Island National Historic Park, Lime Kiln Point State Park, and English Camp. The seaside and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Shaw Island, San Juan Islands Sculpture Park, and San Juan County Park.
In Friday Harbor, you'll find 62 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Snug Harbor Resort - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a marina, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Trumpeter Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Friday Harbor House - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include British Columbia Parliament Building, located 15.6 mi (25.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Victoria Harbour, which is 15.7 mi/25.3 km away.
Dressing for Friday Harbor
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Friday Harbor gets about 24.94 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 35°F