Visiting Garden City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Garden City, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its shopping and restaurants.
- You'll find 35 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dodge City
- The closest major airport is in Garden City, KS (GCK-Garden City Regional), 6.9 mi (11 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Garden City
Favorite family attractions include Lee Richardson Zoo and The Big Pool: World's Largest Hand Dug Swimming Pool". The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Schulman Crossing Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Finney County Historical Museum and Buffalo Dunes Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Garden City. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Emerald Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn Garden City - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn & Suites & Conference Center - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Getting Around Garden City
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Garden City Station. Garden City might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Garden City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Garden City is 19.15 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F